New Student Registration

All new students will be registered into our online registration portal New Student Registration

Please upload the listed documents below during the online registration:

  • Birth Certificate (NOTE Your child’s diploma AND final transcript will have the name you provide upon registration.  We cannot make any changes to the diploma and/or transcript after graduation.)

  • Transfer card from previous NJ school -OR- copy of withdrawal form from previous out of state school

  • Current Year Report Card (if no grades yet, provide current year schedule)

  • Current Health Record (immunizations)

  • Copy of unofficial transcript from prior school

  • Divorce / Custody / Guardianship papers, if applicable* (*If both parents do not reside with student, registering parent MUST provide legal documentation verifying primary residential custody.)

  • If student is classified, copy of current IEP

  • Proof of Residency (see below for requirements)

YOU MUST PROVIDE ANY ONE OF THE FOLLOWING, which must include parent/guardian name and local address:

  • Current Lease

  • Property Deed

  • Current Mortgage Agreement

  • Current Tax Bill


YOU MUST ALSO PROVIDE ANY ONE OF THE FOLLOWING, which must include parent/guardian name and local address:

  • Driver’s License

  • Current Utility Bill

  • Recent Post Office Change of Address Form/Notification 

Once all information is submitted in the online portal, a representative of our Student Services office will contact you for a registration appointment.  If you are not contacted within two (2)  business days of your online registration, please call our Student Services office at 609.296.3106. Please note that the registering student must attend the registration appointment.

McKinney-Vento Displaced Families

If you are living in any of the following situations:

  • In a shelter

  • In a motel or campground due to the lack of an alternative adequate accommodation

  • In a car, park, abandoned building, bus or train station

  • Doubled up with other people due to loss of housing or economic hardship

Eligible students have the rights to:

  • Receive a free, appropriate public education

  • Enroll in school immediately, even if lacking documents normally required for enrollment

  • Enroll in school and attend classes while the school gathers needed information/documents

  • Enroll in the local school; or continue attending their school of original (the school they attended when permanently housed or the school in which they were last enrolled) if that is their preference.

    • If the school district believe that the school selected is not in his/her best interest, then the district must provided the student with a written explanation of its position and inform the student of his/her right to appeal its decision

  • Receive transportation to and from the school of origins, if requested

  • Receive educational services comparable to those provided to other students, according to the students' need.

McKinney-Vento Definition of Homeless 42 U.S.C. § 11434a(2)

The term “homeless children and youth”

A. means individuals who lack a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence…; and

B. includes —

  1. children and youths who are sharing the housing of other persons due to loss of housing, economic hardship, or a similar reason; are living in motels, hotels, trailer parks, or camping grounds due to the lack of alternative adequate accommodations; are living in emergency or transitional shelters; or are abandoned in hospitals; 

  2. children and youths who have a primary nighttime residence that is a public or private place not designed for or ordinarily used as a regular sleeping accommodation for human beings…;

  3. children and youths who are living in cars, parks, public spaces, abandoned buildings, substandard housing, bus or train stations, or similar settings; and

  4. migratory children…who qualify as homeless for the purposes of this subtitle because the children are living in circumstances described in clauses (i) through (iii).

Housing and Educational Rights

Students without fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residences have the following rights:

  1. Immediate enrollment in the school they last attended or the local school where they are currently staying even if they do not have all of the documents normally required at the time of enrollment without fear of being separated or treated differently due to their housing situations;

  2. Transportation to the school of origin for the regular school day;

  3. Access to free meals, Title I and other educational programs, and transportation to extra-curricular activities to the same extent that it is offered to other students.  

If you feel that your family may be eligible for McKinney-Vento enrollment, please complete Forms A, B, E, and F in this packet and return all pages to Kelli Nutt in the Student Services office of the High School or by email

Any questions about these rights can be directed to the local McKinney-Vento liaison, Mrs. Karen Kenny,  at 609-296-3106 Ext. 2218 or by email (